The 2018 NYUAD HACKATHON FOR SOCIAL GOOD IN THE ARAB WORLD
STUDENT NOMINATION PAGE
How To Apply
In order to nominate students for an NYUAD Hackathon scholarship, a faculty member must fill out the form below in its entirety (for a maximum of one student per university, allowing us to include more universities). Thank you in advance and please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student Eligibility Requirements
Student Candidates will be judged on basis of academic performance, leadership activities, intent to pursue a career in mobile and web applications (or interest in launching a startup), and interest in the service of others:
- Students who attended the NYUAD Hackathon during previous years CAN NOT be nominated again in order to give this unique learning experience to new students.
- One of our main goals for this Hackathon is to promote diversity providing a rich environment for growth for everyone. So, make sure to promote your excellent female student candidates who strongly qualify for the NYUAD Hackathon. We are hoping to be the first Hackathon with 50% female vs. male participants.
- Students must be enrolled full-time in their undergraduate (upperclass, Junior or Senior) or in graduate study in a university in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical field major.
- Students must show demonstrated leadership achievements, strong problem-solving skills, strong communicational skills, strong English language skills (spoken and written), interest in applications, web development, and startups, and should be team players. Winning an award, participation in programming contests, research, attending conferences, internships or work experience related to apps, web development, or any related start up activities will help applicants under consideration.
We will cover the cost of travel, food, hotel, and transportation.
Deadline to submit applications is February 1, 2018. This is an absolute deadline so we can obtain visas for all of the Hackathon attendees. We expect to have the nomination results by February 15, 2018.
Thank you for your interest in nominating students for the NYUAD Hackathon 2018. Professors can nominate one student (You can NOT nominate a student who already attended the NYUAD Hackathon during previous years) from their university (for a maximum of one student per university in its entirety allowing us to include more universities) to be considered for a scholarship to attend the NYUAD Hackathon. Please note that students will not be able to submit their own application for this event. All student applications must be submitted by a professor from the same institution.
Post your photo with #NYUADHack
In the News
- The Gazelle April 30, 2017
Hacking for Good
- Losandes April 23, 2017
Ingeniero argentino ganó un concurso en los Emiratos
- Edarabia April 22, 2017
Networking app for skilled refugees wins at NYUAD Hackathon
- El Tribuno April 22, 2017
Ingeniero de la UBA logró el 1er lugar en un concurso internacional de tecnología informática
- Dotemirates April 21, 2017
Networking app for skilled refugees wins first prize at NYU Abu Dhabi International Hackathon for Social Good in the Arab World 2017
- The National April 21, 2017
App for Syrian refugee job-seekers among winners at Abu Dhabi hackathon