Student Nomination Form
How To Apply
In order to nominate students for an NYUAD Hackathon scholarship, a faculty member must fill out the form below in its entirety (with the exception of NYUAD and UAE students who can attend again) in order to give this unique learning experience to new students. Thank you in advance and please email us at: email@example.com.
Our commitment to safety: This event will be held in person at NYUAD. While we plan to arrange and cover the cost of travel, food, hotel, and transportation, participant safety is fundamental to everything we do.
Student Eligibility Requirements
Student Candidates will be judged on basis of academic performance, leadership activities, intent to pursue a career in mobile and web applications (or interest in launching a startup), and interest in the service of others:
- Students who attended the NYUAD Hackathon during previous years CAN NOT be nominated again (with the exception of NYUAD and UAE students who can attend again) in order to give this unique learning experience to new students.
- One of our main goals for this Hackathon is to promote diversity, intersectional diversity providing a rich environment for growth for everyone. So, make sure to promote your excellent female or any student of color student candidates who strongly qualify for the NYUAD Hackathon.
- Students must be enrolled full-time in their undergraduate (upper class, Junior or Senior) or graduate (MS or PhD) study in a university in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or in any other field such as Sciences, the Arts or Social Sciences, but most importantly, students MUST have a strong interest in Technology for Good, Quantum Computing, and entrepreneurship.
- Students must maintain good academic performance 3.5 GPA or higher in the major.
- For Computer Science Students, the Ideal candidates should be proficient in one or more programming languages such as Python, Java, have experience with mobile and web applications, and/ or experience in Quantum Computing.
- Students must show demonstrated leadership achievements, strong problem-solving skills, strong communication skills, strong English language skills (spoken and written), interest in Quantum Computing applications, web development, Mobile applications, and startups, and should be team players. Winning at Hackathon(s), winning awards, participation in programming contests, research, attending conferences, internships, or work experience related to apps, web development, or any related start-up activities will help applicants under consideration.
The deadline to submit applications is January 31, 2024. This is an absolute deadline so we can obtain visas for all of the Hackathon attendees. The nomination results will be released by February 15, 2024.
Thank you for your interest in nominating students for the NYUAD Hackathon 2024. Professors can nominate a maximum of one student allowing us to include more universities to be considered for a scholarship to attend the NYUAD Hackathon. Also note, you can NOT nominate a student who already attended the NYUAD Hackathon during previous years (with the exception of NYUAD and UAE students who can attend again) to give this unique learning experience to new students.
Please note that students will not be able to submit their own application for this event. All student applications must be submitted by a professor from the same institution.
Post your photo with #NYUADHack