If you are creative, have good eye for design, want to build systems, tools, and apps and are willing to quickly self-learn whatever system, programming language, environment, etc needed to get the job done, apply to work at our research lab. We value a "let's get the job done" mentality, and we rapidly prototype all our design ideas. We release most of our code as open source and we publish our work at top CS research venues.
- Systems: Networks, Databases, Distributed Systems
- Interactive Interface & Systems
- Information and Communication Technology for Development (ICTD)*
Specific requirements vary depending on the area of focus, but all candidates should have strong technical skills and some experience with design, implementation, and evaluation of relevant systems.
- 1-year (renewable) research assistants/software developer (must hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree)
- PhD student (apply to the NYU School of engineering; must hold a Master’s degree --- email us your details as well)
- A (paid) summer intern (must hold a Bachelor’s degree)
- Competitive Salary or Stipend
- Ability to travel to/present at top CS research conferences
- Housing and home travel allowance and other benefits
- As a PhD student, you study at NYU-NY for a year and receive your degree from New York (You have to qualify for an F-1 US visa). You should be comfortable with back/forth travel between the states and Abu Dhabi
Email your resume, list/description of projects and research statement to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.