To establish a world class cyber security center by partnering with key local universities, industry and government agencies in order to facilitate cyber security research, education and practice in the UAE and more generally in the GCC region. The center will act as a catalyst to improve cyber security in the UAE and enhance its regional and global competitiveness in this field.
CCS is affiliated with CCS New York.
CCS researchers perform multi-disciplinary research in security and privacy in board range of areas, such as: System and Network Security, Digital Forensics, Trusted Hardware Design, Smart Grid Security, Economics of Information Security in Critical Infrastructure, and Cyber-Infrastructure Connections and Security.
Read more about recent publications here >>
Cyber Security Awareness Week (CSAW) Fall 2016
Join us for Cyber Security Awareness Week (CSAW) are co-hosting this exciting global competition. Teams who do well in the preliminary round from the MENA region will be invited to attend the on-site finals in November in Abu Dhabi!
Attend our HSF Orientation in-person or via webinar on Saturday, September 24th at 12pm at NYU Abu Dhabi to find out more about the special High School compeititon open for UAE teams! Find out more here>>
The 8th IEEE International Workshop on Information Forensics and Security will be hosted in conjunction with CCS-AD from December 4 – 7, 2016.
Find out more here>>
Winter School 2017
CCS-AD is excited to announce it will host IEEE’s SPS Winter School on Security and Privacy Issues in Biometrics. This week long event will happen from January 9 – 13, 2017, featuring topics such as: biometric cryptosystem, privacy in surveillance, biometrics banking, anonymization and de-indetification to name a few. Please check back for updates soon!
Asia Conference on Computer and Communications Security (ASIACCS) 2017
Building on the success of ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security (CCS), the ACM Special Interest Group on Security, Audit, and Control (SIGSAC) formally established the annual ACM Asia Conference on Computer and Communications Security (ASIACCS). The next conference will happen in conjunction with CCS-AD from April 2 – 6, 2017.
Find out more here>>
- April 7-8, 2016: CCS-AD competes as the only MENA team in Atlantic Council’s 9/12 competition
- November 3, 2015: NYU Abu Dhabi Institute, through TwinLab to develop trustworthy and secure microprocessor chip
- August 26, 2015: PI Nasir Memon interviewed on CNBC on growing need for more women cybersleuths
- August 18, 2015: Researcher Payas Gupta to give talk on “Understanding Cyber Attacks that Leverage the Telephony Channel” at upcoming RSA Conference
- June 20, 2015: US Army Research Office (Department of Defense) provides $400K funding for Design-for-Excellence Lab’s research on IC camouflaging