Submit a Paper
NYUAD Journal of Social Sciences accepts submissions as well as publishes on a rolling basis. You can submit to the journal at any time, by emailing your manuscript to firstname.lastname@example.org and entering “Manuscript for Submission” in the subject line of the email. The Editorial Board will review your paper and reply with comments based on the JSS Evaluation Rubric.
Papers should be submitted as Microsoft Word documents with a .doc or .docx file format or as LaTeX documents. Do not include your name or any identifying information in the body of your paper. Please include an abstract, keywords, reference list, and labeled figures and tables.
Abstract: Your abstract should be no more than 300 words, and should include your research question, methods, and general findings. Be accurate and concise in representing your project.
References: Papers should be formatted in Chicago (Author - Date) citation style. Papers without correct citations and references will not be reviewed.
Tables and figures: All your tables and figures should be labeled and numbered in the order that they come in the text.
- Draw upon relevant news stories or social science literature
- Have a clear application, interest, or relevance to NYUAD social science students
- Be generally well-written without major linguistic errors
- Figures, graphs and tables are encouraged if they strengthen the argument
- Length should be around 500 words for short pieces and 1000-2000 words for long research pieces
- Class writings are accepted if class details are provided and the essay has received a grade of A- or higher
Submissions should not:
- Draw broad conclusions or make unsubstantiated claims
- Contain overly informal or offensive language
Submit a blog post
The NYUAD Journal of Social Sciences also encourages submissions of blog posts that offer succinct, well-argued, and well-founded perspectives on an issue in politics, economics, or sociology (related topics of history, philosophy and anthropology are also welcome).
Blog posts can be submitted at any time. Please follow the guidelines below:
- Only original work of the author(s) will be accepted.
- Submissions must be emailed to email@example.com with the subject ‘BLOG SUBMISSION FOR NYUAD JSS’. [Word document, font size: 12 pt, Font style: Times New Roman, single-spaced]
- The body of the email must contain a short bio of the author(s) and the name of the institution that they are affiliated to. Submissions are welcomed from students/researchers/practitioners/faculty members.
- The submission should preferably be between 1200-1500 words excluding footnotes.
- Factors like a relevance to the JSS’ work, accuracy of facts, depth of analysis, coherence in argumentation and lastly, language and structure of the content – play a crucial role.
- Upon selection, author will be contacted further.
- Generally, the author(s) will be intimated about acceptance/rejection within 7 days of submission.
- Co-authorship is allowed up to two authors.
- External links are capped at 5. If citation needs exceeds beyond 5, it is recommended to explain complex ideas in the blog post itself.